Australian Rental Properties
If you have an Australian Residential Rental Investment Property, are you aware of your obligations for NZ and Australian tax?
Are you aware of the NZ tax rules for overseas investments such as these?
There is more you need to know than just owning an equivalent rental property in New Zealand.
For example, are you aware of the following:
- The Financial Arrangements Rules
- (NZ) that apply to overseas loans and mortgages?
- NZ Non-Resident Withholding Tax payable on overseas interest paid
- NZ Approved Issuer Levy payable on overseas interest paid
- Australian Depreciation Rules are quite different from New Zealand
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) applies on every property sold for a profit
- CGT rules are different for non-resident property owners
- Some rental properties are subject to special Federal and State Government grants and special tax refunds. Their tax treatment varies on both sides of the Tasman
For the unwary, having foreknowledge is being forearmed
With all these questions and others, please contact Greg Wright who has vast experience in these matters
+64 3 345 8859
+64 21 358 733
Request a consultation
Book your free no-obligation consultation and find out how we can help you